#EaglesDevotional - SIN CONSCIOUSNESS (1)

“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? (Romans 6:1-2)

Remember Righteousness is the nature of a believer. You must know that just as righteousness is a nature, sin also, is a nature. The nature of sin is from the devil, transferred through the Adamic nature to all mankind.
In the text above, a question is asked: “SHALL WE CONTINUE IN SIN?”

You cannot be born again and continue in sin because you have a new nature and sin is of the devil. Sometimes, the temptation to commit sin appeals to you and the flesh craves for sin. At such times, it seems like your old nature and your new nature is at war.

When I became born again many years ago, after some months, I went to visit some of my old friends with my Bible in my hand. They were wrapping Indian hemp when I got there but they were not doing it well. So I took the Indian hemp and wrapped for them. Surprising, I almost smoked it but suddenly I remembered who I was: The righteousness of God, I cannot sin. I dropped it and ran out of that house with determination to go back. I refused to continue in sin because I was born again.

Some Christians take the grace of God for granted, committing sin intentionally and thereafter justifying their acts. Sometimes they even quote 1 Jn. 1:9 which says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness”. Stop deceiving yourself. God has set you free from the curse of sin and has given you power to live above sin. Stop going back to your vomit. There is a consequence for every sin which the sinner cannot escape from.

Flee from all appearances of evil. 

FURTHER READING: I Thessalonians 5:22
PRAYER/CONFESSION: I cannot continue in sin, I am God's righteousness. I am free from sin. My nature is of God.
WORDS OF WISDOM: You can choose your actions but you cannot choose the consequences of your actions.



Eagles Devotional is a daily revelatory and inspirational Publication by Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the founder and presiding Pastor of Word of Life Bible Church, Warri, Nigeria.

African Broadcasting Network

Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)

Comments