#EaglesDevotional - WALKING IN DOMINION (2)

“And Abijah set the battle in array with an army of valiant men of war, even four hundred thousand chosen men: Jeroboam also set the battle in array against him with eight hundred thousand men, being mighty men of valour.
And Abijah stood upon mount Zemaraim, which is mount Ephraim, and said, Hear me, thou Jeroboam and all Israel: 
Ought ye not to know that the Lord God of Israel gave the kingdom over Israel to David for ever, even to him and to his sons by covenant of salt?”

I met a young man one day. He was very sick and thought he was going to die. Therefore, he kept asking me: “Papa, am I going to die?” I did not think he was going to die so I got him to confess continually, “With His stripes I am healed” (Isaiah 53:5, 1 Peter 2:24). After about 20 minutes, the eyes of his understanding were enlightened concerning the scripture he had been chanting, and it dawned on him that he was not going to die. Suddenly, his language changed and he said, “I am not going to die.” That made my work easy. He said again, “By His stripes I am healed and I am not going to die!” I said to him, “Now we can pray. Kneel down and let me agree with you that you are not going to die. You will surely come out of this sickness”.

Can you make out what happened above? The young man had knowledge but lacked understanding. To walk in dominion, you must apply understanding to the knowledge you have. More often than not, the thing(s) you are suffering from are because you do not understand what you know. You have to understand God's word, for in it lies confidence, fulfillment and happiness.

FURTHER READING: Job 19:25;2 Chronicles 13:5
PRAYER/CONFESSION: O Lord, give me understanding. Let my understanding enable me to use the knowledge I have to take me to the next level.
WORDS OF WISDOM: If you don't have understanding, the Knowledge you have will not benefit you.

Eagles Devotional is a daily revelatory and inspirational Publication by Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the founder and presiding Pastor of Word of Life Bible Church, Warri, Nigeria.

African Broadcasting Network
Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)
Photo: WLBC MEDIA


Comments