#EaglesDevotional - GARNISH YOUR UNDERSTANDING


“He sent His word and healed them …” (Psalm 107:20). 

I told you earlier that salt is a cleanser, a preservative, and symbolically, that the word of God is also salt.  I want to add that salt is a healer.  If you have little sores in your mouth, rinsing it with salt water will gradually heal them. Salt kills germs. There are three types of healing.  The healing of the soul, of the body, and of circumstances.  I am going to dwell on the healing of the soul today. Salt heals the soul.

David said, “… Lord, be merciful unto me, heal my soul” (Psalm 41:4).  What did David do? What happened? The answer is in II Sam. 11:1. David sat at home when it was time for kings to go to war.  That was where the problem started.  It may be that you used to go to bible study classes, but you no longer attend. You would rather stay at home and sleep at a perceived good weather rather than go to church on Sunday.  That is how backsliding begins.  A friend comes to you on a Saturday and convinces you to follow him to Somewhere rather than attend church the next day and you oblige.

David did not want to go to war, so the devil brought war to him at home.  He climbed up, saw a naked woman, and lusted after her.  That war is stronger than that of swords and bullets.  When you are at home instead of the war front, you have no defense, or protection whatsoever.  David inquired about the woman.  He was told whom she was - another man’s wife. That fact did not deter him. He still sent them to fetch her.  In like manner, there are some girls in the church and outside who are after other women’s husbands.  Do you not fear God – even in the church?

I do not sleep with any other woman, not necessarily because I fear my wife, but because I fear God and love my wife.  How can I be a fool at my age? I am not an angel. I am human. I, however, speak to my body continually. I ask it to act in line with God’s word and high moral standards.  If you understand what I am saying, you will not take what belongs to another person - wife, husband or money.  You will understand that it is dangerous to do so.  When you see a Christian telling lies, he has no understanding.  Prov. 14:14 says: “The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways …” Jeremiah 3:12 says, “… Return, thou backsliding Israel …” Hosea 14:4 says, “I will heal their backsliding..." Your backsliding can be healed. Any Christian with understanding cannot fight or slap anybody. 

Further Reading: Hosea 14, 2 Samuel 11:1-4
Prayer/Confession: Father Lord, disgrace every power that is out ti thwart Your anointing in my life and my family in the mighty name of Jesus.
Words of Wisdom: When you are at home instead of the war front, you have no defense or protection.


Eagles Devotional is a daily revelatory and inspirational Publication by Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the founder and presiding Pastor of Word of Life Bible Church, Warri, Nigeria.
Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)
Photo: WLBC Media 

Comments