#EaglesDevotional - PURIFY YOURSELF

“And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure” (1 John 3:3)

Twenty one years ago, I visited one of my relatives, they own a hotel they live in the same premise. One afternoon,  a young lady that was brought to the hotel by someone, who checked into the hotel was staying in one of the rooms, she was strolling in the compound and she came towards our house where I was spending some time with my relatives somehow we entered into a conversion,  I began to talk about Christ, I spent about forty five minutes with her, when I finished she thanked me, went to the hotel  room packed her luggage and she took off. When the man returned, she had left a note for the man and in the note she said thank you very much for your kindness I just discovered that I have been living in sin, I shouldn’t be in this hotel room with you, please forgive me because I don’t want to wait for you to convince me, that is why I have packed my luggage in a hurry. Then the man in annoyance came to my relative he said “can you see this, I don’t know the mad person who turned this girl, I know where I found this person” .

If you want to purify yourself that is the only way to do so, whatever you are doing wrong today in the name of Jesus Christ you must make a U-Turn today and not tomorrow. As you read the devotional you must turn around! Look for the city whose maker and builder is God, decide today to follow Jesus and do not turn back at your decision.

From the above scripture, what is John's hope? His hope is that he will see Jesus Christ. A hopeless man is a man who will not see Christ. But if you must, you must purify yourself. Only you can do that, Jesus died for you, Jesus forgave you of your sin but you must deliberately turn from that sin. 
What I am saying in essence is that if  you have accepted Christ, turn from your sinful ways, if you want to purify yourself, turn from sin else you will kill yourself, if you have a problem of cigarette, if you are with somebody’s property return it and don’t waste time, today the Bible says when you hear his voice harden not your heart for today is the day of salvation, don’t wait till tomorrow purify yourself, stop playing games, today purify yourself don’t wait for tomorrow. There is a cross before you, so there is no turning back. What is your decision? He that has this hope purifieth himself.

PRAYER/CONFESSION: Father in the name of Jesus, I have decided Today to put my hope in You,I repent of my sin, let my heart be purified. That the blessings of the father be my portion in the name of Jesus.
FURTHER READING: I John4:9-10; Ephesians 2:4-5. Titus 2:14
WORDS OF WISDOM: As you put your hope in Christ, purify yourself.

Eagles Devotional is a daily revelatory and inspirational Publication by Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the founder and presiding Pastor of Word of Life Bible Church, Warri, Nigeria.


African Broadcasting Network
Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)
Photo: Word of Life Bible 

Comments