#EaglesDevotional - THE PRAYER OF JABEZ


“And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.  And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested”. (1 Chronicles 4:-10)

The Bible tells us about a young man called Jabez, he was described as more honourable than is brother that means he was a man of principle, he loved God but his mother named him Jabez which means Sorrow. His life was filled with torment, he grew up in sorrow, he was rejected by his family notwithstanding his situation he cried out to God of his salvation, the Bible says Jabez called upon the God of Israel. One of the prayers Jabez requested from the Lord was a life of blessing that “thou willest bless me indeed” in order words Lord give me a genuine blessing, take away the curse and replace it with a blessing.

He prayed a second prayer, he said enlarge my coast, he was saying take the limits from my life, anything that has limited you remove it. Some of you, you have not made progress because they say you are uneducated enough it has become a limitation there are some of you here because you are a woman, you don’t seem to get to a particular point. God will remove that limitation in the name of Jesus, it will go. Jabez was praying for supernatural favour so that those who hate you will look at you will begin to like you, they will seek to give you job without any reason. There are some young girls who are yet to get married not because they are bad but somehow anytime a young man look at them they see a different thing, today that thing will lift from your life.

Some of you have daughters like that you are wondering, she is beautiful but nobody will come, God will turn it around that giant will fall down, that giant of limitation, obstacle will fall, you know the man with the longest legs, heaven is his throne the earth is his foot stool, God is sitting in heaven and when he put his foot down it lands on the earth. Every door that was closed the power of God will open it, his power will open it.

PRAYER: In the name of Jesus I declare I have favour! From today I receive favour, O Lord bless me indeed and enlarge my territory every limitation be broken in the name of Jesus.

FURTHER READING: Genesis 12:2; Psalm 50:15

WORDS OF WISDOM: Your prayer opens the door.

Eagles Devotional is a daily revelatory and inspirational Publication by Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the founder and presiding Pastor of Word of Life Bible Church, Warri, Nigeria.


African Broadcasting Network
Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)
Photo: Word of Life Bible 

Comments