#EaglesDevotional - THE PRAYER OF JABEZ II


“And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.  And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested”. (1 Chronicles 4:-10)

The last prayer he prayed, Jabez , called upon the God of Israel he said don’t let the evil grieve, the word grieve means sorrow. He said “O God, don’t let evil come to me”, this prayer is talking about protection;  As I was meditating on this scripture, the spirit of God began to speak to me that there are people who have literally lived their life in the circle of sorrow, from one tragedy to another, you are just recovering from one trial or sorrow another one hits you again. Don’t cry any more today is your day of visitation. All you just need to do today is to believe God that the circle of sorrow will end, together in faith we will break this circle. For the Bible says in Psalm 91:7-8 “A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked”.

God will protect you at  night time and in the day time. When you travel he will protect you, in your business , family, only with your eyes will you see the reward of the wicked. He will lift you above it.

Some of you might be carrying a curse from your past but if only you can call upon the name of the Lord today, you will be delivered. But some people incurred curse on themselves by joining secret cults, some gave their heads to shrines. You may have stopped going there but it still follows you, today in the name of Jesus it will break from your life, there is someone who carries a curse, whatever way the curse came on you today the power of God will break them.

I pray for those of you who carry a curse or who have limitations, those of you who look like no favour is in your life any where you go the door of favour is shut. Anything you touch melts in your hand. One man curse was on him, Jabez was open to attack, he was living in a circle of sorrow. Know that Jesus was made a curse and hung on the tree, that the blessing of Abraham will come to the gentiles. You will count your blessings you will not count your sorrow, you will get protection from God, you will receive favour, just believe in God.

Prayer/Confession: In the name of Jesus, I break every spirit of limitation, curse and disfavor in my life, I command you loose your grip and hold, come out of my mind, life, business and marriage. You power behind sorrow, you giant behind sorrow I bind your power I break the circle of sorrow, I break it in the name of Jesus!!!
Words of WisdomEvery curse can be broken by the power of God.

Eagles Devotional is a daily revelatory and inspirational Publication by Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the founder and presiding Pastor of Word of Life Bible Church, Warri, Nigeria.


African Broadcasting Network
Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)
Photo: Word of Life Bible 

Comments