#EaglesDevotional - CHARISMA WITHOUT CHARACTER – 2


“And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falls to me. So he divided to them his livelihood.” (Luke 15:12)

The above scripture tells us of a certain man who had 2 sons and the younger son asked for his inheritance and he got it. He got his inheritance and took off, then, he wasted it, in other words, he got it and he lost it.

The young man had the ability to take his inheritance, but he had no character to keep it. That’s the problem of the church today, there are people in the church today, they know the power of God, they have seen the sick healed, they have seen the bound set free, they’ve been healed themselves, they know Gods anointing, but right now they are losing that inheritance because of the way they live. The reason many believers lose their inheritance is because, they lack character to preserve it. When God turns their story, they forget they got to where they are by God’s mercy and begin to live their lives without the fear of God. Sometimes, they cannot even be corrected by their Pastors or leaders because they belittle them.  What are you doing with the inheritance God has committed to your hands?

Thank God, the prodigal son came to himself and went back home to his father. When the prodigal son went home, His father received him. No matter how far gone you are in your own ways, if you can come back to the father, today, He is willing to receive you and cloth you again.

You probably haven’t accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior, or you did it before and you have backslid, maybe you love God, but you lost your inheritance because of the way you live. There are things going on in your life that probably nobody else knows about and you know is wrong, and you need help.  If you are ready, God will help you today.

PRAYER/CONFESSION: O God, help me, break me away from the circle of sin, and restore to me all that I have lost, in the name of Jesus. 
Jesus, come into my life, change me, Rule and reign in my life, I surrender all, take it over. Be Lord, save me from sin, from Satan, and save me from myself. 
Jesus, in my heart I believe, and with my heart I confess that you are Lord, thank you for receiving me, for saving me, for helping me, from this day I believe, my life will never be the same again in Jesus name, Amen
FURTHER READING: Luke 15:11-17, 25, 29 – 31.
WORDS OF WISDOM: Charisma will take you to the throne but your character will keep you on the throne.

Eagles Devotional is a daily revelatory and inspirational Publication by Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the founder and presiding Pastor of Word of Life Bible Church, Warri, Nigeria.

African Broadcasting Network
Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)
Photo: Word of Life Bible Church

Comments