#EaglesDevotional - BOLDLY TAKE YOUR INHERITANCE -1


“And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falls to me. So he divided to them his livelihood.”                                                                                     (Luke 15:12)
                            
Yesterday, we studied a certain man who had 2 sons and the younger son asked for his inheritance, got it and wasted it. One striking thing about the younger son was that he was bold enough to ask for and get his inheritance. The young man had the ability to take his inheritance.

As a believer, we must be bold enough to ask and get your inheritance in Christ Jesus. Your inheritance will not just come to you, you must be bold to ask for it through prayers and supplications.

When the prodigal son lost all his inheritance and realized himself, he came back to his father and his father received him but when his elder brother came home and heard singing and dancing and was told what happened, he was angry. He refused to go in.

He was angry because he felt cheated. He said to his father, “…I have served you all my life, I have never broken one of your commandments, but father you have never given me one little cow to celebrate with my friends…” see Luke 5:29. The father looked at him and said son, “you are always with me all that I have is yours”.

The elder son had character, but had no boldness. He was faithfully serving his father, but he was expecting his father to put everything on his laps. The father said in other words, all that I have has always belonged to you, but you never asked me for anything.  If you had asked me, I would have given it to you but he had no boldness to ask.

If you must experience these latter days move of God, you must have a combination of character and boldness. You must be bold enough to take what belongs to you. Do not let the devil cheat you out of your inheritance, God has given you an inheritance. If you are a child of God, Jesus died to give you an inheritance, He gave you an inheritance, but you must be bold enough to take it. You must reach out to it and take it through prayers and supplications.

PRAYER/CONFESSION: In the name of Jesus, I receive my inheritance in Christ Jesus. I receive my health, wealth, career, job, business, marriage, job, and children.

FURTHER READING:Psalm 103:1-5, Philippians 4:6, Hebrews 4:16.

WORDS OF WISDOM:Boldness gives you your inheritance while character preserves it.

Eagles Devotional is a daily revelatory and inspirational Publication by Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the founder and presiding Pastor of Word of Life Bible Church, Warri, Nigeria.


African Broadcasting Network
Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)
Photo: Word of Life Bible Church

Comments