#EaglesDevotional - YOU WILL ESCAPE

“Saul also sent messengers unto David's house, to watch him, and to slay him in the morning: and Michal David's wife told him, saying, If thou save not thy life to night, to morrow thou shalt be slain.
So Michal let David down through a window: and he went, and fled, and escaped.                     1 Samuel 19:11-12

Yesterday, we studied how Saul tried to kill David but David escaped. When David escaped from Saul, he ran to his house. He did not know that Saul-his enemy was coming after Him. He did not also know that God had already arranged the way of escape for him again. When he got home, his wife, Michal who was Saul’s  daughter revealed to him that her father, Saul was coming to kill him.

Can you imagine that it was an insider in Saul’s house that revealed that to David. Many times as believers, before God allows you to face trials, He has already packaged the solution. Child of God get ready, this month, the Lord will reveal to you things you need to know concerning that situation you are facing and He will also show you the way of escape.

Michal tied David with a rope and lowered him through the window so that he could escape. she then made an image that looked like David and put it on the bed. In verse 12, the Bible says “and he escaped again in the same night”.

After he had escaped, Saul sent people to kill David, when they got to his house, the wife Michal told them he was asleep and they sat outside his gate till the following morning. When they entered the house in the morning, to carry David, they saw an image. David had long escaped.

As you go through this year, God will beat the devil in his own game. Every trap, device, imagination of the enemy; every temptation against your business would fail.
Saul tried so many times to kill David but at every time, God always made a way of escape for David. You may wonder why Saul was bent on killing David? It was because of the anointing on David’s head. 

In Psalm 23, David said, “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. …”

David was confident in God because He knew God was with Him and would always make a way of escape for him. God will prepare tables for you in the presence of your enemies. You will escape.

Prayer/Confession: In the name of Jesus, satan loose your grip and hold from my life and everything that concerns me. You temptation I am facing in my body, in my marriage, in my life, in my job, I command the trap to break in the name of Jesus, Amen. 
Further Reading: 1 Samuel 19: 11 - 19
Words of Wisdom: The way of escape is in the trial


Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)
Photo: http://www.workersforjesus.com/

Comments