#EaglesDevotional - THE GOD OF YESTERDAY IS SAME GOD TODAY





“David said moreover, The Lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine...1 Samuel 17:37 

In 1 Samuel 17:34-37, David had just told the children of Israel that he was going to fight Goliath. They said he was crazy for Goliath was a Giant. When he went before Saul, he told him he was going to fight Goliath and Saul asked him how he planned to do it.
In verses 34-37, David said, “...Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock: And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth... Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God... moreover, the Lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine...”

In other words, David was saying, “when i was back home i lead sheep. I remember when a lion came picked a sheep and ran off with it. By the help of God, i pursued the Lion and with my bare hands i tore the Lion. Again, a bear came and picked a lamb, i pursued the bear and  God gave me victory; that same God who delivered me from the lion and the bear will also deliver me from this Goliath. He has never changed and will never change. If He helped me kill a lion and a bear, He will help me destroy Goliath”

You must know If God has healed you from headache before, He can heal you from cancer today. If God set you free from something before, He can do it again. If He gave you a testimony before, He can do it again today. For He is the same, He changeth not.
Troubles do not change Him; circumstances do not change Him; He changeth not.
God is saying to you today, the Battle is not yours, it is His. It belongs to God not you. You can depend on Him. It does not matter what you are going through. The Lord said, “I am the Lord, I change not that is why you are not consumed”. You cannot be consumed/swallowed up because you are a child of God. The presence of God surrounds you in the day and night. Drop every discouragement/weakness in your heart. Lift up your eyes and see Jesus in your situation. See the Lord changing things, He is the same. If He did it for Moses, Abraham, Paul, Peter, Hannah, He can do it for you. He is same yesterday, today and forever.

Prayer/ Confession: Lord, I come in the name of Jesus. I come against every circumstance and stronghold of the enemy in my life in the name of Jesus. I command every problem/disease to hear the word of God. I am set free in my business,, in the name of Jesus. I loose myself. I am delivered. I am healed in the name of Jesus

Further Reading: 1 Samuel 17:23-37, Malachi 3:6


Words of wisdom: If He gave you a testimony before, He can do it again today.


Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)
Photo:http://ce85d19d27bcd4580648-f08455577a10cebd8677ed53887ae045.r1.cf2.rackcdn.com/4D29B63C-04D5-41DB-971E-27272112D427.jpg

Comments