#EaglesDevotional - FAITHFULNESS PLEASES GOD

“And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased”.  Matthew 3:17

Your greatest ability in life is your 'dependability'. Your greatest ability in life is that God and people can depend on you. A man who is dependable will learn. He is man you can rely on. A man who is dependable without the anointing is better than a man full of anointing but undependable.

This is because the anointing can come on a dependable person if he is willing. When he receives the anointing, he will still be dependable and loyal but an anointed, charismatic person who is not loyal and dependable will always rebel.

In Matthew 3:17, the Bible says, “And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased”.
What is it that God saw in Jesus that He was so pleased about? At this time, Jesus was 30 years old, He had not preached one sermon; He had not healed anybody or cast out any demon; He had not performed any miracle at this time, but yet the Father said, “...in whom I am well pleased”. Why was this so?

For more than 20 years of those 30 years, Jesus was a carpenter.  He was faithful in his work as a carpenter. In other words, the father was saying, “if you do not preach one sermon or heal one person I am pleased with you because I can depend on you”.

Jesus knew He was the son of God, He was not a confused man, He knew His mission and message but he was able to contain it for 30 years faithfully doing carpentry work for Joseph. He was serving Human beings. He was taking insults from customers. He did not rebel or say to anyone, “how dare you talk to me like that, don’t you know I am the son of God?”

Can God depend on you? Can God trust you to be faithful in the simple things committed to you? For example, If God cannot trust you as a husband to take care of your wife, why should he trust you to commit the church into your hands? If God cannot trust you as a wife to take care of your home, ensure your children are early to school, How can He trust you to anoint you to teach Bible study?

Prayer and Confession:  In the name of Jesus, I receive grace to be faithful in natural things. I repent of anyway I have taken what was committed to me for granted. I receive grace to be faithful at work, at school, in the marketplace, in my neighbourhood, in my business, as a wife, as a husband, as a child, in every area of my life in the name of Jesus.
Further Reading: Matthew 25:14-23
Words of Wisdom: Your greatest ability in life is your dependability.

Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)

Photo: http://defendingcontending.com/2014/06/12/faithfulness-is-a-choice/

Comments