#EaglesDevotional - THE DEVIL REDUCES LIFE THROUGH SIN


 “But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.” (Ecclesiastes 8:13).

Sin is a potent negative force with which Satan reduces lives. Who is a wicked man? A wicked man by my definition is anyone who heard God’s word and rejected it.  Any person who refuses facts and keeps living in sin is a wicked man.  He has only succeeded in reducing his days on earth by himself.  Let me share with you the story of a young man who I used to know.

Precisely in 1974, this man got saved under my ministry.  He moved into my house but he was still womanizing.  He was changing ladies like clothes.  I kept warning him that it could lead to his death.  He probably thought it was a joke and took it likely as such. In 1976, he moved from my house because he eventually became uncomfortable with my rebukes and admonitions.  In 1980, after a Sunday service, I saw him on a wheel chair; I could not recognize him because he was like a skeleton. What he managed to whisper in my ear was that sin indeed is a killer.   He eventually died two years later.  Believe me as God’s servant, sin is a fast killer. Sin does not only terminate spiritually, it also kills physically.  When a man is living in sin, he has removed all the spiritual and physical defenses around his life.  

He no longer has any protection.  Nothing covers him and he is vulnerable to calamity.
The Bible says, “He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him”, Ecclesiastes 10:8. When a sinful man dies, no matter how long he lived, he would have lived longer.  Someone once said to a member of my church, “all these church activities you are attending, what about if you die and there is no heaven?” And my member countered with another, “When I die and there is no heaven, what have I lost?” He went further to ask him, “What about if the man dies and there is heaven, what becomes of him?”  When a sinful man dies, there is no negotiation for his soul.

Prayer: O Lord I confess my sin, have mercy upon me, show me mercy and forgive me of my sin. Let your mercy and grace restore to me every defenses but spiritual and physical that was down because of my sin.

Further Reading: Ecclesiastes 10:8


Words of Wisdom: Sin is a fast killer.

Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)
Photo:http://i.ytimg.com/vi/0Lrj593cpEM/hqdefault.jpg

Comments