#EaglesDevotional - GIVE GOD THE GLORY


But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God and not of us”, (2 Corinthians 4:7).

Treasure here is referring to glory. In other words, when God’s glory is in you, you must always remember that the power to do anything is of God and not of your own self. When the glory of the Lord is upon you, you must learn to always give Him the glory for all things. You must be humble. I went to preach in church at Lagos and before I was handed the microphone, the pastor of the church while introducing me, poured so much encomium on me; when I took the microphone, I said to the pastor and all of the people, “What you have just heard is bigger than me.” Particularly, I said to the pastor, “You are a wonderful man and I appreciate you but you do not know who I am. I know who I am.” Then, I looked at myself and turning to the whole Church, I said “All glory belongs to God”. Give God the glory, nobody should take God’s glory to himself.

Do you remember Herod? Gifted with great oratory ability gave a speech and the people shouted and said that his voice was as the voice of a god, Herod liked it and enjoyed the glory. When God saw that Herod was taking glory, He decided not only to take Herod’s glory but his life with it. The Bible records that where Herod was sitting, worms ate him; he decayed while still sitting. He died early for taking God’s glory for himself.

You must understand that whatever you have, where you are or what you can do is as a result of God’s glory upon you. Do not be so proud that your begin to think it is by your intelligence, or beauty or ability. When you do so, you are taking the glory and God gets angry because all Glory belongs to Him. If you are the best in your class, give God the glory. If you are doing better in business or job than your peers give God the glory. Wherever you find yourself, give God the glory. All glory belongs to Him.

Prayer/ Confession: O Lord, I thank you for your faithfulness, I ask for mercy in any way I have failed to give you the glory for all the things you have done in my life, I return all glory to you for all that you have done in my life and family in Jesus name.

Further Reading: Colossians 1:27, 1 Peter 5:5 Acts 12:21-24


Words of Wisdom: The story of your glory can only out live you when you know the king of glory.

Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)
Photo:http://www.disciplemagazine.com/images/photos/144/Article%20Photos/Glory.jpg

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ trang ebay vn cùng với dịch vụ mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment