#EaglesDevotional - DESIRE HIS GLORY


For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth and the flower thereof falleth away”, (I Peter 1:24).

The word ‘glory’ means honour, splendor, riches, character and power. Your car, house, children or anything you have is not the glory, but it is the glory of the Lord upon a man that produces those things. It is only God that can give glory. No human being has control over glory. You know, sometimes when we human beings see a little bit of splendor or money, we think that we are the ones in control.

Ask yourself these questions: in your town or city, where are those whose names were popular 50 years ago? Where is the power they wielded at that time? Where are their children? Their chapter is closed. In the scripture above, the Bible tells us not to be proud or boastful over what you see as glory because, God is the only one who has monopoly over glory and honour. In Psalms 24:7, the Bible says, “Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lifted up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.” It means God is the owner and source of glory. It means further that if you want the kind of glory that will outlive you, you need to find the source of glory and pitch in with him. That is why glory is promised only to those who love God and know His name.

God says in Psalm 91:14-16, “Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him". In other words, I will show him My glory. One way for God's Glory to manifest in your life is for your acknowledge him in all things, do not determine the size of God based on your present situations or based on your own ability, riches and prosperity but you must take cognisance of the fact that the Glory of God is beyond any man’s understanding.
                                  
Prayer/ Confession:  I have glory and honour as can be given by God alone. I give back to God all the glory for all He has given me.

Further Reading: Psalm 91:14-16


Words of Wisdom: Glory will produce your needs.

Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)
Photo:http://maozblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/4553-sunset-glory-arms-up.630w.tn_.jpg.png

Comments