#EaglesDevotional - OVERCOMING YOUR ENEMIES


“Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts”. Zechariah 4:6

Imagine David and Goliath together, David was about 17years old and he was about 5ft tall while Goliath was about 40years old and he was at least 9ft tall. some scholars even say he was 14ft tall. David had never fought a battle before but Goliath was a warior. He was an experienced fighter. Humanly speaking David was not qualified to carry even the shield of goliath.

A 17year old small boy could defeat a Giant on the battle field because when he went, He did not go in his own might. He went in the might of the Lord. The spirit of the Lord was upon him. When david challenged Goliath, he was very confident that the Lord was with him. He went in the name of the Lord. In 1 Samuel 17:45, he said, “…Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied”. David had total confidence in God and His saving power and God gave him the victory. The Goliath you are facing cannot be fought by your own ability (in the flesh). The devil has more experience than you and he is older than you, he came here before you and as such you cannot beat him in the flesh (by your ability).

You may be on the battle ground now and your enemies may be threatening you, some may have even challenged the God you serve, or are asking you, where is your God? You are asking yourself how you will come out of this challenge. God is saying to you today, it will not be by your power or might but by the spirit of God. Have Confidence in this.  There is anointing that comes from above that no power, difficulty, problem, struggle can dry up. By the spirit of the Lord, you will see victory. Every Goliath, problems, troubles, demon must come down, because God is alive. When you walk in the spirit, you will not fail, your victory is sure.

Prayer/Confession: O Lord I seek your mercy, I refuse to walk in the flesh, lord have mercy on me let every works of the flesh be destroyed from my life in the name of Jesus.
In the name of Jesus, you Goliath troubling my life, my business, my children, my job, my education, I come to you in the name of the Lord, fall down and die in Jesus name. (clap your hands and pray).

Further Reading: Psalms 118:8-9; Ezekiel 28:26, 1 Samuel 17:23-50

Words of Wisdom: Confidence in God gives you victory in battle.

Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)
Photo:https://i.vimeocdn.com/video/490117589_640.jpg

Comments