#EaglesDevotional - OVERCOMING OPPOSITION


Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. (Zechariah 4:6)

In life, there would always be oppositions. These oppositions cannot be overcome by human power but by the spirit of God. There is a constant struggle between the works of flesh and the spirit in the life of every believer. When the devil wants to defeat you, he will pull you to a war in the flesh in order for you to respond in the flesh. Many times he uses the force of the flesh to pull you and make you do things that are against Christ principles. As a warrior of Christ, never use the weapon of the flesh to fight the devil because that is the intention of the devil. You use the weapon of the flesh when you fight battles by your own ability. When you think/believe that the battle you are facing right now would be won by a connection, or by your beauty, your intelligence, your education background, your status, etc, then you are fighting with the weapon of the flesh and it will fail you.

When King  Hezekiah was facing a battle in 2 Chronicles 32, in verse 8, he said, “With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah”. If you fight the devil with the weapon of the flesh, you will lose the battle. The bible says “For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace”.

The battle you are facing cannot be fought with the weapon of the flesh, it doesn’t have human solution. The battle can be fought by the spirit of God, you must know that any power, spirit that fights against you must first fight against your God and God has never lost any battle. That’s why you need to desire the Holy spirit in your life, make a decision today by asking the Holy spirit to be part of your life, and be willing to follow His lead.

Prayer/Confession: O Lord, I rely on you. Fight my battles. I know that the arm of flesh will fail me hence I rely on your spirit. Holy Spirit of God I desire you in my life, be part of my existence here on earth. Let the battles that I face in my marriage, business, job and every aspect of my life be overcome by the spirit of God that worketh in me.

Further Reading: 2 Chronicles 32:1-22, Ephesians 1:13; Philippians 3:3-4.


Words Of Wisdom: An army which fights against its enemies with an inferior weapon would definitely lose the battle.

Eagles Devotional: Ayo Oritsejafor Ministries (Word Alive Publications)
Photo:https://africase.lds.org/bc/content/Africa%20Southeast%20Area/ASEA%20photos/612x340/opposition.jpg

Comments