#EaglesDevotional -- THE WIND WAS CONTRARY




“But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary” Matthew 14:24.

Jesus called his disciples to enter a boat. As the disciples got into the boat, in the middle of the sea, the wind was contrary; which means the wind was blowing against them.
Sometimes when you enter the boat that Jesus called you to, even when you are heading for Heaven, the wind of life can blow against you. It does not mean God has forsaken you or does not love you. It just means the wind is against you.

In Job 1:19, the wind blew against Job, knocked down his house and killed all his children.
In Matthew 7:27, it was the wind that blew the house built on sand. When the wind is blows, it blows sickness, problems, troubles, challenges, temptations, etc.
I know a man who had a doctorate degree, a wife and 6 children.

The couple lost their jobs, their landlord drove them out. He had no place to lay his head. The wind was against him.
When the wind is contrary, many times, you do not know what to do. Sometimes, you even forget how to pray. You lose the words to pray.
If the wind is blowing against you now, it does not mean God has forsaken you. Jesus is coming. He will walk on the waters of life. He will get to your boat. You will not sink. Your life, business, family, job will not sink.

Prayer/Confession: every wind blowing against me, turn around and blow in my favour in Jesus name. My boat will not sink. The devil will not destroy my soul. I soak myself in the blood of Jesus. I come against the spirit of discouragement. I speak strength. I rebuke the wind, be bound in the name of Jesus.
Though the wind may be contrary, I believe the God I serve will deliver me, Amen.

Further Reading: Matthew 14:22-32

Words of wisdom: If Jesus called you to enter the boat, you will not sink in the waters of life.

Comments